Viru (pronounced "veer-roo") is a 5% premium lager produced for export in Estonia - a small country on the Baltic coast between Finland and Russia.
Viru is an award winning beer, brewed using fresh spring water, Lithuanian barley and Saaz hops to produce a distinctly refreshing beer with a clean, crisp flavour.
- Gold Medal Winner - The Monde Selection Quality Awards, Brussels 2008
- Silver Medal Winner - The Monde Selection Quality Awards, Brussels 2010& 2011
- Silver Medal Winner - World Beer Championships, Chicago 2010 & 2011
- Silver Medal Winner - Beer Challenge, London 2011
- Gold Medal Winner - World Beer Packaging Championships, Chicago 2010
- Silver Medal Winner - World Beer Packaging Championships, Chicago 2011
Viru is truly a BEAUTIFUL BEER
Tasting NotesViru is a 5% pilsner lager with a clean and refreshing profile. Viru has a slightly lower carbonation with a consistent malt and light hoppy palate. "Aromas of bread dough and lemon marmalade. Grassy apple butter and toasted grain flavours with hints of vanilla. A nice quaffer. Highly recommended"Beverage Testing Institute, World Beer Championships
The Viru bottle is over 100 years old and it's 'Octahedral' shape is said to be based on the towers and churches of Tallinn, Estonia's historic capital. The beer is brewed in the A. Le Coq brewery, which is the second largest brewery in Estonia.